Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Assignment 3: Final Images


Composition: I wanted the emphasis to be in the center with low contrast.

Concept, Method & Motivation: I wanted to take an everyday object and turn it into something unrecognizable. I also wanted to take an everyday object one never truly examines. When I examined this everyday I object I knew most if not all humans never took the time to examine this part of it. Natural lighting was used to not disturbed it's naturalness. This every day object is quite defined and I wanted to capture it.

Context: I know many photographers have taken ordinary everyday objects and photographed them. That is exactly what I was attempting. Nothing more.

Interpretation: Others saw this image as something we don't ever take the time to look at or appreciate.

Evaluation: The color tone is working, as well as the lighting and angle. Students didn't have any changes to suggest. Someone said they would buy it. I'm happy with it.

Extension: I would find everyday objects one takes for granted and photograph them in a way the eye does not see.  


Composition: I wanted a straight on perspective with equal balance and a blurred object in the forefront to emphasize the two main objects.

Concept, Method & Motivation: As with the last photo, I wanted to take an everyday object and turn into its own object. I wanted to bring life to the everyday object. I saw the object and knew they could be photographed to create their own life. I wanted to give life to any everyday object which we take for granted.

Context: Again, many photographers have taken everyday objects and transformed them into something different. I wanted to give life to this object we take for granted. One should never take anything for granted.

Interpretation: Others saw this image very similar to the one above: an everyday object seen at a different perspective.

Evaluation: I didn't have much feedback on this.People just stated it was well done. It's a little off angle and would fix that if shot again.

Extension: Same as the above image.


Composition: I wanted an angle humans never take time to use and wanted dramatic lighting to emphasize something was there.
Concept, Method & Motivation: Honestly, I don't want to share what this photo is about. I want the viewer to come up with their own ideas. I saw the lighting, knew I wanted a low angle and took the picture. Everybody uses the bathroom everyday and people have different feelings when using the bathroom. I wanted to convey one's feelings of the bathroom.
Context: I'm not sure if this image relates to any other photographers but many photographers have taken everyday places and photographed them to convey different feelings in humans. This was my intention.

Interpretation: Students viewed the lighting as the main emphasis and wondered what was actually there.

Evaluation: I believe the lighting is working well. I like the way it is.

Extension: It would be interesting to attempt to photograph everyday places without manipulation and turn them into mysterious places.





Composition: I wanted the camera to be looking through something and wanted dark lighting throughout most of the photo to convey mystery and darkness. 

Concept, Method & Motivation: Again, I think this photo could have many meanings and I don't want to share what I think it is about. I want the viewer to create their own story. I saw this angle and knew a story could be produced from it. A story maybe some could relate to.

Context: This photo doesn't relate to anything specific photographers work. It has a psychological meaning but what the meaning conveys is completely up to the viewer.

Interpretation: Honestly, no one said anything about this photo. Maybe because it was different than the others.

Evaluation: I like how the photographed is composed but I'm not sure if the photograph does anything for me...

Extension: I don't see any jumping off-off point with this photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment