Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Assignment 5: Final Images


Composition: I wanted a high contrast and an extremely sharp image with lighting focused in the center.

Concept, Method & Motivation: This image is about how boring TV really is and I wanted the lighting to focus on the expression on my face. I actually tried some new techniques in Lightroom which drastically changed the feel of the image. My motivation for this image was my very limited TV watching. I hardly ever watch TV and thought I would be someone I am not.

Context: I know I have seen work very similar to this but I don't know the specific artists. This image relates to how I feel when I have attempted to watch TV (not including movies).

Interpretation: N/A

Evaluation: N/A

Extension: I might try a series which comments on how our lives are run by other forms of media.


Composition: I cropped this image quite a bit to add some perspective.

Concept, Method & Motivation: I don't think my image is about anything specific. Though, one could argue its meaning. This was a much larger image with much more info before I cropped it. My goal was to take a normal looking image and then cut out a huge portion of it. If one takes a portion out is it still reality? Was it even reality to begin with?

Context: I've never seen any artists take photos and then crop the hell out of them. I'm reconstructing reality for a new perspective.

Interpretation: N/A

Evaluation: N/A

Extension: I would love to do a much larger series but with a much deeper meaning.


Composition: Same as the above image.

Concept, Method & Motivation: Again, this image about manipulating a normal looking image to distort reality and the perspective of this so called reality. Part of my motivation was to make the viewer guess as to where or if this is real. Is it still real if I take almost all of the information out?

Context: Same as above.

Interpretation: N/A

Evaluation: N/A

Extension: I would love to do a much larger series but with a much deeper meaning.


Composition: Same as the above images.

Concept, Method & Motivation: Same as above.

Context: Same as above.

Interpretation: N/A

Evaluation: N/A

Extension: I would love to do a much larger series but with a much deeper meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment